CVG Airport Authority
The Airport of Choice to work for, fly from, and do business with
Performs tasks involved in the operation and maintenance of the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport’s environmental system. Primary focus is the daily operation and routine maintenance at the Stormwater Treatment Plant (SWTP).
The environmental system is comprised of infrastructure and processes to collect, convey, store and treat spent aircraft deicing fluid via a 6-million gallon per day biological wastewater treatment plant. The infrastructure includes diversion valves for the operation of deice pads to collect spent aircraft deicing fluid, oil/water separators, detention ponds/facilities, pump stations and the Stormwater Treatment Plant (SWTP).
This class specification represents only the core areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the needs of the department.
- Maintains and operates plant equipment and processes related to a biological treatment system. Prioritizes activities between the different components of the environmental system, including operation of valves, gates, pumps and machinery both manually and locally in automatic mode via computerized control systems.
- Samples and analyzes influent and effluent source fluid/product fluid.
- Interpret laboratory results, reading sheets, process test and computerized data and information trends to identify variations in flow and quality and make appropriate changes.
- Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the storm water treatment plant and detention facilities through onsite testing and visual inspections. Monitors plant performance via SCADA system at SWTP.
- Oversees and operates all plant equipment and controls.
- Oversight of contractors to ensure they are working safely and within the established job scope.
- Conducts daily checks of the glycol laden stormwater storage tanks and basin for level and the presence of fuel oil, pumping stations and detention facilities.
- Performs periodic inspections of the Airport’s oil/water separators.
- Trains other airport employees, as needed, on the proper operation of the treatment plant.
- Reviews operational data, maintains plant records and compiles data for reporting.
- Communicates to department management any issues that may result in non-compliance of airport’s Kentucky Discharge Elimination System Permit.
- Provides input as a team member on the Worker Safety Committee on a rotational basis.
- Monitor and adjust dosages of chemical feed equipment as necessary.
- Write and review standard operating guidelines.
- Partners with the Resource Operations Coordinator to ensure proper inventories of lab supplies, treatment chemicals and operations equipment.
- Ensures that chemicals and other supplies are received, handled and stored properly.
- Communicate and coordinate with other departments regarding maintenance, system interruptions, ongoing projects and issues which might impact water flow to the plant.
- Oversees sludge removal.
- Maintains records of preventative maintenance, repairs made, orders, and time worked.
- Responds to the airport’s environmental systems emergencies via an on-call rotation.
- Maintains a safe, clean and orderly work environment.
- Assists in emergencies situations on CVG Airport property, as directed by supervisor.
- Working shifts vary by time and day, depending on operational needs, as directed by supervisor.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned. Other duties may include confined space entry, snow removal, operating heavy equipment, data entry, and supporting other needs of the Airport as assigned.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Note: The level of offered position will be commensurate with level of experience.
Stormwater Treatment Plant Operator Level III
This is an advanced level operator position. Positions in this class are full functioning plant operators performing a full range of plant operations and maintenance. The operator exercises considerable independent judgment in the operations and performance of the plant on a daily basis. Works with the departmental leadership to schedule, execute and record plant activities including the processing of glycol and activities to ensure proper treatment and monitoring. Performs and supplements departmental maintenance activities to the operation and performance of the Stormwater/Wastewater Treatment Plant and associated infrastructure.
Advanced vocational training in a related field and a minimum of twelve years’ experience in Chemical Production Processing or Stormwater/Wastewater Treatment Plant utilizing maintenance skills or Associates Degree in science, industrial technology, or engineering-related degree; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
Stormwater Treatment Plant Technician Level II
This is the experienced level inspector position. Positions in this class perform similar duties as the Stormwater Treatment Plant operator Level III. However, this level is not expected to function with the same amount of work knowledge, skill level or discretion and judgement as positions allocated to Level III.
Advanced vocational training in a related field and a minimum of seven years’ experience in Chemical Production Processing or Stormwater/Wastewater Treatment Plant utilizing maintenance skills or Associates Degree in science, industrial technology, or engineering-related degree or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
Stormwater Treatment Plant Operator Level I
This is an entry level operator position. Positions in this class are support level Operators performing routine testing and maintenance of the plant on a daily basis. This level is not expected to function with the same amount of work knowledge, skill level or discretion and judgement as positions allocated to Level II. operators in Level I work under immediate supervision of Level II/III while learning work methods and progressing to additional duties and responsibilities.
Standard vocational training in a related field and a minimum of three years’ experience in Chemical Production Processing or Stormwater/Wastewater Treatment Plant utilizing maintenance skills; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
- Maintain Security Identification Display Area (SIDA) clearance.
- Valid Operators License.
- Airfield Drivers Training
- OSHA 30 Training certification or the ability to obtain within 6 months
- Commercial Driver’s License preferred or able to obtain one within 6 months
- Laboratory, Process, Chemical Operations and testing procedures;
- Hydraulic pumps and cylinders;
- Quality Control;
- Mechanical Equipment and Hand tools;
- Maintenance of systems and equipment.
- Clearly and effectively communicating both orally and in writing;
- Use of a variety of computer-based technologies including word processing, and spreadsheets;
- Establishing and maintaining effective, fair, cooperative, collaborative and respectful relationships with internal and external colleagues, peers, work teams and workgroups.
ADA AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Positions in this class typically require: climbing, balancing, kneeling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
Medium Work: exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities