CVG Airport Authority
The Airport of Choice to work for, fly from & do business with
Responsible for the planning and management of full range of the airport’s concessions program to optimize the revenue and customer satisfaction associated with food and beverage, news and gift, specialty retail, advertising, rental car, and passenger services. Develop and maintain good working relationships with existing and prospective tenants/vendors and other airport departments to effectively complete development projects.
This class specification represents only the core areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the department’s needs.
- Develops innovative and creative initiatives to elevate the overall concessions program to enhance the customer experience and make the program first-in-class. Develops and implements strategies that align with the airport’s strategic and master plans.
- Analyzes and interprets industry trends and factors to develop and optimize the use of facilities, customer experience, and revenue related to the overall concessions program.
- Manages concessions outreach efforts and promotes related opportunities to identify and establish relationships with prospective tenants or vendors that could be brought into the concessions program, whether as an in-line store or selling selected products within existing stores.
- Develops innovative plans to utilize the Concessions Marketing Fund to promote the concessions program to increase customer experience and optimize revenues while directly benefiting concessionaires. Collaborates with Public Affairs and Marketing to create marketing plans and collaterals for the concessions program.
- Participates in and contributes to the planning process to develop leasing plans for the overall concessions program and directly manages all aspects of the preparation and completion of plans for specific parts of the concessions program to be implemented in short and long-term planning timeframes. Plans include analysis of financial trends, passenger forecasts and other information important to developing realistic planning documents.
- Leads the department’s budget process, including revenue, operating expenses, and capital budget. Monitors concessions performance and ensures that revenues are meeting budget projections. Prepares reports and dashboards for leadership to demonstrate the overall concessions program performance, including but not limited to revenue, customer experience, and benchmarking to similar sized airports.
- Negotiates and interprets complex lease agreements, contracts, licenses, and renewals and coordinates with other departments and support staff in all aspects from the solicitation process to execution of the agreements. Review and revise contracts and draft leases, obtain pricing, insurance, and bonds, and present information to other departments and leadership for approval.
- Participates and contributes to tenant development projects and ensures lease and CVG requirements and standards are satisfied during design review and construction phases. Makes recommendations for changes in policy and procedures to ensure continuous improvement and enhanced tenant relations. Ensures transition between existing and succeeding tenants or significant changes to existing tenants are completed as outlined in the agreement and in a way that minimizes impacts on the customer experience, revenue, or other areas of concern.
- Serves as the main point of contact for the In-Terminal Advertising program and a liaison to advertising vendor to maximize the use of available spaces for advertising. Works alongside relevant departments and staff to reach out to local community to connect with advertising vendor with the intent to enhance the sense of place and optimize revenue.
- Coordinates with the airport’s Disadvantage Business Enterprise Program Administrator for position-specific aspects of small business and Disadvantaged Business Enterprise outreach and participation. Coordinates regular informational meetings with internal and external stakeholders and tenant representatives to facilitate the sharing of information regarding development opportunities to enhance participation by small and disadvantaged businesses in the overall concessions program.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or a related field to the area of assignment.
- At least 5 years of experience in concessions or restaurant/vendor management, including but not limited to planning, developing, and implementing a successful concessions program or overseeing multi-unit vendor operations, negotiating and administrating revenue-generated contracts.
- Demonstrated experience, knowledge, and understanding of budgeting, retail or food service operations, the administration and management of contracting documents and compliance with policies and procedures.
- Maintains Security Identification Display Area (SIDA) clearance.
- Obtain/maintain position-appropriate NIMS & emergency training.
- Management techniques
- Strategic thinker
- Contract management
- Project management
- Financial management
- Demonstrated skill in directing and managing staff efficiently and effectively;
- Clearly and effectively communicating, negotiating and advocating, both orally and in writing;
- Use of a variety of computer-based technologies, including word processing, and spreadsheets;
- Establishing and maintaining effective, fair, cooperative, collaborative and respectful relationships with internal and external colleagues, peers, work teams and workgroups;
- Demonstrated skill in use of independent judgment;
- Demonstrated skill in team leadership.
ADA AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Positions in this class typically require: walking, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
Light Work: exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
BENEFITS: (Full Time Positions)
- Competitive medical, dental, vision and life insurance coverage options. Health Savings Account, Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account and wellness programs. CVGAA offers a $0 premium medical plan option and does not charge a working spouse surcharge.
- Employer and employee contributions to KY Public Pension Authority retirement plan
- 401(k) and 457 options
- Generous paid time off including 10 holidays a year
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Development programs
- Performance Reward Program
Don’t meet every requirement?
If you are excited to make a positive impact for our region, but your experience doesn’t align perfectly, we encourage you to apply. You may be the right candidate for CVG Airport Authority, whether it be this role or another.