CVG Airport Authority
The Airport of Choice to work for, fly from & do business with
Responsible for performing financial operations/general accounting functions. Job duties include recording and reconciliation of the general ledger and preparation, maintenance and analysis of financial records and reports for various accounts and funds.
This class specification represents only the core areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the needs of the department.
- Maintains the general ledger by preparing journal entries, performing analysis and reconciliation of accounts, and assisting in the month-end closing procedures.
- Collects, analyzes and/or summarizes financial data and account information needed to prepare monthly financial statements, reports and records. Assists in preparation of monthly financial statements.
- Measures and accounts for actual versus budget expense variances on a monthly basis.
- Reconciles bank accounts and discusses reconciling items with appropriate banking personnel as needed.
- Audits, balances and/or reconciles accounts receivable/payable balances; identifies and resolves issues; identifies and researches issues, errors and problems and develops and provides recommendations to ensure issues are resolved; as necessary, coordinates with IT staff and/or software/service providers on system issues and problems, as needed.
- Participates in designing methods and/or modifying existing methods to provide records of assets, liabilities and financial transactions. Assists with ongoing implementation of financial accounting systems.
- Assists with preparation of budgets and/or strategic plans. Assists with year-end closing and preparation of annual financial statements in accordance with accounting guidelines and GAAP.
Assists with preparation of work papers and responds to questions for annual audit by outside independent auditors.
- Cross trains on interdepartmental financial operations duties, as permitted by the internal control structure, to provide back and support up for other members of staff as needed.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in a related field to the area of assignment and three years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
- Certified Public Accountant license (CPA) and/or Certified Management Accountant (CMA) and/or Certified Public Finance Officer (CPFO) designation or willingness to achieve status is preferred.
- Obtain/maintain position appropriate NIMS and emergency training.
- Maintains Security Identification Display Area (SIDA) clearance.
- Accounting and finance concepts
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Internal controls
- Contract principles
- KCAB policies and procedures
- Demonstrated skill in general ledger reconciliation
- Demonstrated skill in interpreting contract terms
- Demonstrated skill in use of independent judgement
- Demonstrated skill in problem solving and project management
- Clearly and effectively communicating, negotiating and advocating, both orally and in writing
- Use of and/or an ability to learn a variety of computer-based technologies including Microsoft Office products and databases such as Oracle (accounting, purchasing, payables) and ABM (lease management/contracting)
- Establishing and maintaining effective, fair, cooperative, collaborative and respectful relationships with internal and external colleagues, peers, work teams and workgroups
BENEFITS: (Full Time Positions)
- Competitive medical, dental, vision and life insurance coverage options. Health Savings Account, Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account and wellness programs. CVGAA offers a $0 premium medical plan option and does not charge a working spouse surcharge.
- Employer and employee contributions to KY Public Pension Authority retirement plan
- 401(k) and 457 options
- Generous paid time off including 10 holidays a year
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Development programs
- Performance Reward Program
Don’t meet every requirement?
If you are excited to make a positive impact for our region, but your experience doesn’t align perfectly, we encourage you to apply. You may be the right candidate for CVG Airport Authority, whether it be this role or another.